- Covers catastrophic illness or accident
- Bil-Lingual health care representatives will help locate a hospital abroad
- Applications should begin 30 days before your departure date
- Direct billing where accepted
- Simple claim filing and reimbursement
Are you living abroad full or part time and concerned about critical illness or accident coverage?
If you spend 6 months a year or more outside your home country, you qualify for International Major Medical Insurance. The six months do not have to be consecutive, your stamped passport will be proof of your time spent internationally.
American Insurance for ExPats is your direct access to your international health insurance needs. We will help you locate a facility abroad. All of your insurance fullfillment documents, including insurance cards, will be emailed to you and can be downloaded anytime if you lose them. Claim forms are simple to send in and re-imbursement is immediate if the international hospital does not accept insurance.
A Quality Provider
We are adamant about providing top quality products from financially sound and historically proven insurance carriers. We do extensive fact-finding with our clients to ensure a “best fit” insurance program for each and every client we engage! There are no perfect companies, and there are no perfect plans. There are, however, many viable and economical options available if you work with a staff that is dedicated to you, has the knowledge to guide you, and always is going to do what is best for YOU!
- Assistance in locating international health care facilities
- Open provider access, any doctor or facility, anywhere
- 16,000+ providers & facilities outside of the U.S.
- Ability to search by facility, physician, specialty or location
- Direct billing where accepted
- Easy claim filing and reimbursement
- PPO discounts throughout U.S., Latin America & the Caribbean
- 500,000 highly qualified physicians
- 4,700 privately owned and operated hospitals
- Includes 67% of all the hospitals in the U.S.
- Includes well-known university medical centers and transplant facilities
- Two areas of coverage: “Worldwide” or “Worldwide excluding the U.S., Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Singapore and Taiwan”
- Deductible options from $100.00 – $10,000.00
- Four unique plan designs – Silver, Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum
- Optional riders: Global Term Life Insurance, Global Daily Indemnity, Maternity, Terrorism, Sports
- 24/7 Customer Care Representatives available, never any holidays
- Family premium covers first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost for the first year
- Choose from several payment modes
- Multiple underwriting options to fit your needs
- Freedom to choose your provider
- Access to two extensive provider networks
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and other evacuation benefits
- Medical Concierge Program
- Medical professionals to coordinate your care
- 24 hour access to information
Being a citizen of the global community can be an exciting experience, yet one that can pose potential complications without a health care advocate on your side.
Our International Major Medical Insurance is designed to meet your total needs from the scheduled benefits of the Silver plan option to the benefit-rich Platinum plan option.
To accommodate your financial means, you can choose your area of coverage and select from multiple deductibles and modes of payment. With your medical history in mind, the program also provides flexible underwriting methods to extend coverage to you that may be declined by other companies.
Additionally, the program provides world-class services. To maximize the outcome of your medical care, our on-site clinical staff is ready to assist you at a moment’s notice, and our extensive global provider networks are quickly and easily accessible.
You also have direct access to our Medical Concierge, an unequaled service that provides you with personalized assistance in locating the best provider for your specific needs, while saving you on out-of-pocket and medical expenses. You can also efficiently save time managing routine areas of your account by utilizing our secure, online service tools. In addition, health care advocates are available for service at your convenience via phone, email or Live Chat.